Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sweet Cornbread

I started making this cornbread a couple of years ago. I went in search of something that was sweet and cake-like as opposed to crumbly and dry like I found most cornbread to be. If you are a fan of dry and crumbly then this is not the cornbread for you! Sometimes I'll even make honey butter to spread on it. Yeah I've got a sweet tooth and that another post for another day. Oh and this is one of the few things that I can actually bake meaning it's Morgan-proof!


Sweet Cornbread
adapted from Allrecipes

Ingredients
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
2/3 cup white sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil (heaping- I just let it overflow a little, like maybe an extra TBS)

Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 and spray a 9 inch round pan.
Soak the cornmeal in the milk for 10 minutes. In another bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients. Mix them into the cornmeal and milk mixture. Stir in the eggs and vegetable oil. Pour the batter in your pan. 

Pop it in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Serve with butter or honey, butter and honey or nothing at all!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment