Sunday, October 5, 2014

Whole30: Day 1

Well I think today has gone pretty well. I feel good  I did have a little "carb flu" earlier today and felt really foggy & tired. My energy definitely picked up once I ate lunch. I feel like hubby and I accomplished ten times more today then we normally do on a weekend day. Anyway on to the meals, that's what you are really here for, right?

One thing I learned today... I HATE coconut oil. I didn't have any ghee made yet, but had some coconut oil sitting in the back of my pantry. I had read on a forum that while it smells like suntan lotion it doesn't taste like it and is delicious. Those people must be deranged. Or have no taste buds. Coconutty eggs is quite possibly the nastiest thing I've ever had. Okay enough said. 



Meal 1: Eggs sautéed in coconut oil with spinach & mushrooms. Topped with avocado and salsa. 

Looks good, doesn't it? Except for that darn coconut oil. 



Meal 2: Grilled steak salad with carrots, orange bell pepper, avocado and lemony dressing. Oh and that's not cheese, it's grated egg. Even my two year old was confused. It's fabulous like that. 


The steak was a left over from last night so it was nice to have something that didn't take too much prep time. 



Meal 3: Mom's Beef Chili. Yep, my mom. Totally compliant from the start. No tweaking necessary. Guess she didn't know she was a trendsetter. I topped mine with avocado, but I'll be heading the to store tomorrow to grab some olives for later this week. 


I also did a small side salad with the same stuff from lunch, but minus the steak. 



Today was also a huge prep day for me. I made the chili which will serve as the base for several meals this week (hubby is also taking it for lunch). I made ghee which made the house smell like I'd been baking. I roasted chicken for Curried Chicken Salad this week. I forgot to make the frittata. Maybe tomorrow?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment