Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Chicken Stuffing Casserole

I just love casseroles like this. They are so warm and filling on a cold night. It got two thumbs up from everyone - hubby, sister-in-law and my 3 year old (almost 4!) niece. It's pretty easy and quick so it's great for weeknights.


Chicken Stuffing Casserole
adapted from multiple recipes

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6-8

Ingredients
14 oz package Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing
14 oz can of chicken broth
1 medium onion, diced
celery, optional
Butter
1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can reduced fat and/or reduced sodium cream of chicken soup
8 oz container of low fat sour cream
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper

Directions
Preheat the oven to 400.

Prepare the stuffing according to the package for a medium sized turkey (I think this was the middle column using 4 cups of stuffing). The only changes I made was I cut down the amount of onion by half and I didn't use celery since I didn't have any. Set aside.

Cut the chicken into cubes. In a medium bowl, mix together the soup, sour cream, garlic, salt and pepper. Add a splash of chicken broth. Stir in the chicken. 

Spread the chicken mixture in a 9x13 pan that has been well-coated with cooking spray. Top with the stuffing. Bake for 30 minutes. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment