Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Slow Cooker Chicken & Stuffing

So this is a combination of a couple of recipes and my own culinary genius. Just kidding - I think it's mostly pure luck. It was very yummy and perfect for our rainy night. Next time I will probably go with the low-sodium Stove Top or a different stuffing all together. The regular stuff was kind of salty in my personal opinion. As usual my SIL and hubby loved it! I served this with mashed potatoes, green beans and rolls. 


Slow Cooker Chicken & Stuffing
adapted from multiple recipes

Ingredients
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp Kosher salt
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 sticks of butter 
2 cans cream of chicken soup (I used the 98% fat-free)
1 cup sour cream (I use Daisy Light)
2 boxes of low-sodium Stove Top Chicken stuffing
1 cup water

Directions
Cut up the chicken into large chunks. Put it into the slow cooker with 1/2 stick of butter and salt, paprika, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Cook on low for 6-7 hours. 

30-45 minutes before you are ready to eat, add in the cream of chicken soup and sour cream. Prepare the stuffing with a stick of melted butter and 1 cup of water. You want it to be moist, but not soggy or mushy. Put it in on top of the chicken mixture. Cook on high for 30-45 minutes. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment