Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Copycat Hashbrown Casserole

At first, I thought that it wasn't right. That there was something missing, but I went to Cracker Barrel over the weekend and compared notes. I actually think this is pretty close to being the real thing. The only difference is that I think they add butter to their casserole. At least that is what I think I tasted. I would also try turning on the broiler at the end to make the top just a little crispy. I will definitely be making this again and this time adding a little butter!


Copycat Hashbrown Casserole
adapted from Copycat Recipes

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45-60 minutes
Servings: 8-10 servings

Ingredients
2 lb bag of frozen shredded hash browns
1/4 cup diced onion
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded colby cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350. 
In a stand mixer, put all of the ingredients to the bowl. Mix together using the paddle attachment. If you don't have a stand mixer, you can just do this by hand.

Put the potato mixture in a greased 9x13 pan. Bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes and broil before removing to get a nice, golden top. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment