Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Honey Ham

I keep thinking about Easter coming up and eating ham. It just sounded so yummy and I decided that I just couldn't wait. This is such an easy recipe. You will honestly never again buy one of those pricey hams from the retailer-who-shall-remain-nameless (but y'all know who I am talking about)! I have used several different ham sizes and I just follow the package recommendations for cooking if it's larger or smaller than the recipe. Yum, I'm still thinking about this ham.


Honey Ham
adapted from Allrecipes.com

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Serving: 15

Ingredients
5 lb spiral sliced ham 
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup honey
2/3 cup butter

Directions
Preheat the oven to 325.
In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the cloves, sugar, honey and butter. Once well combined, turn heat to low. You want to keep this warm while the ham is cooking.

Place the ham in foil lined pan and brush the glaze over the ham. Continue to baste the ham every 15-20 minutes while it is cooking. In the last 5 minutes, turn the oven broiler on to caramelize the glaze and form a nice crust. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment