Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Slow Cooker Saucy Beef Tips

So we have had a few bad runs with the slow cooker dinners. As you might know, I have class on Tuesdays from 9am-6pm and dinner is usually done in the slow cooker. Hubby and I have found that most things don't do well in the slow cooker if left in there for more than 8-10 hours. The only thing that seems to work is red meat. Chicken tends to disintegrate and soups get yucky. Yes, yucky. So I found this and we loved it!  I've made changes to the original recipe and you can definitely take out the red wine. I just thought that it might add a little 'je ne sais quoi' (that's 'I don't know what' in French, for all my mono-linguals out there).


Slow Cooker Saucy Beef Tips
adapted from Mommy's Kitchen

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 hours
Servings: 4-6

Ingredients
2lbs stew meat, cubed
1 can low sodium cream of mushroom soup
1 packet lower sodium brown gravy mix
1 packet dry onion soup mix
1 cup Ginger ale
4 TBS red wine (I used Merlot)
Cooked egg noodles

Directions
Put everything in your slow cooker with the exception of the egg noodles. Set it on low for 8 hours. Serve over hot cooked egg noodles.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment