Monday, September 27, 2010

Beer Cheese Dip

What should have been the original recipe came from the creative culinary minds of my mother and me at 9 am on Saturday morning while I was driving to the store. I couldn't find a good recipe and so I did what I always do - I called my mom. Needless to say, I screwed it up when I put the seasoning in and was rather liberal when I should have erred on the side of caution. I scrounged in my sister-in-law's fridge, "fixed" it and thus this recipe was born. People thought it was so good they were putting it on everything, not just the pretzels! Great pairing for the Best. Pretzels. Ever


Beer Cheese Dip

Ingredients
1/2 cup beer (I used Budweiser)
2 jars of Kraft Old English cheese
3 oz cream cheese, softened
4 oz Velveeta 
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp dry mustard

Directions
In a saucepan over medium heat, scoop out the Old English cheese. Cube the cream cheese and Velveeta. Add them to the saucepan. Stir frequently. Once the cheese is mostly melted add the beer. You can add more or less depending on the consistency that you are wanting. 

**You could also go for a darker beer for more "beer" flavor. Just beware - a really dark beer might      change the color of your dip making it brown or gray and wholly unappetizing. 

Add the seasonings to the cheese mixture and cook for a few minutes more. Keep the dip warm while serving. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment