Thursday, September 23, 2010

Shrimp Po'Boys

I have made these before and we love them! I usually serve them with hushpuppies (not homemade). I also serve it with a vinegar based coleslaw. I am the only one that eats the slaw, but that is okay - more for me! If you are a fan of tarter sauce, I do recommend the one with this recipe as it is delicious.


Shrimp Po'Boys
adapted from Cooking Light

Ingredients
Po'Boys
1 lb peeled and deveined large or jumbo shrimp
2 tsp cajun seasoning
2 tsp olive oil
4 hoagie rolls
shredded romaine (optional)
sliced tomato (optional)

Tarter Sauce
1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
2 TBS sweet pickle relish
1 TBS chopped shallots
1 tsp capers, chopped
1/4 tsp Tabasco

Directions
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the tarter sauce and chill.

In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp with the cajun seasoning. I do recommend using the larger shrimp as the small and medium size don't stay on the bun very well. 

Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until done. 

Slice rolls and add tarter sauce, lettuce, tomato and shrimp.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment