Sunday, September 26, 2010

Birthday Blueberry Muffins

I really only make these muffins once a year and it's usually for my hubby's birthday. He's a huge fan of blueberry muffins and he thinks these are the best muffins ever! I do recommend using fresh blueberries as opposed to frozen. I know, I know - you are thinking "Um it's September and not blueberry season. Not only will they be difficult to find, but outrageously expensive." I agree, but you will not be disappointed. 


Birthday Blueberry Muffins
adapted from Allrecipes

Ingredients
Muffins
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries

Topping
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 TBS butter, softened

Directions
Preheat oven to 400. 

Combine dry ingredients for the muffins. Add the milk, vegetable oil and egg. Fold in the blueberries. Fill the muffin cups almost to the top.

With a fork mix together the ingredients for the topping. Sprinkle on top of the muffin batter.

Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden on top. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment