Thursday, September 30, 2010

Turkey Noodle Bake

Okay this was good, but it could definitely be great. Next time I will omit the green peppers because we did not like them in this at all. I added them (they were in the original) because I thought it might be too bland. It was a last minute decision and I should have stuck with my gut which told me to omit them. I also doubled the original recipe so that we could have leftovers. I do need to tinker with it as it has potential, but was a little runny and could be slightly creamier. 


Turkey Noodle Bake
adapted from Taste of Home

Ingredients
4 cups uncooked egg noodles (I used wide)
1 lb ground turkey
1/4 cup diced onions
2 TBS chopped green pepper
15 oz can tomato sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup 4% small curd cottage cheese
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 TBS sour cream
grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
Preheat oven to 350. 
Cook the noodles according to the package directions.

In a large skillet, cook onion until it is slightly translucent and add the turkey and green peppers. Cook until the turkey is no longer pink. Stir in the garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Add the tomato sauce and sugar. Cook on medium-low heat for a few more minutes.

In a small bowl, combine the cottage cheese, cream cheese and sour cream. Add this into the turkey mixture and remove skillet from heat. Add in drained noodles. Mix together.

Put noodle mixture in a 9x13 pan, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and cover with foil. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment