Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Cake

Hallelujah! I found canned pumpkin in the store. I was fully prepared to make my own pumpkin puree, but buying it canned saves me time. I have to tell you that this is waaaaayyyy better than the other recipe I posted last week. Basically the only changes that I made were swapping spice cake mix for the yellow cake and leaving out the pumpkin pie spice. Delish!


Pumpkin Spice Cake

Ingredients
Box of Duncan Hines spice cake mix
3 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 cups pumpkin

Frosting
8 oz package of cream cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Directions
Preheat the oven to 325.

Mix together cake mix, vegetable oil, pumpkin and eggs.

Pour into a 9x13 pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool.

In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners' sugar.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment