Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Whole30: Day 2

Still feeling the effects of the "carb flu". I know that it's because I'm probably too low carb and need to add more starchy veggies into my meals. Today has been a weird day for me in the sense that I am going to work tonight so I have to pack food and think differently about what I take. Normally I would eat something before going to work and then eat around 2 or 3 am. Sometimes I don't eat at all before I go and then I'll eat around 10 or 11 pm and then not eat again for the rest of the night. If you are a night shifter trying to figure out how to do this Whole30 thing then I recommend Nom Nom Paleo's blog post about Surviving the Night Shift.

So I will end up eating 4 meals "today". I say "today" because it really rolls into tomorrow because of the shift, but it's pretty much the same day for me since I will not have had a full nights sleep.

Meal 1: Eggs with spinach and mushroom sauteed in ghee and topped with salsa. It looks the same as yesterday minus the avocado. I didn't even bother to take a pic. I struggled to get this meal down. I was not very hungry and eggs two days in a row were just gross.


Meal 2: Curried Chicken Salad on a bed of butter lettuce. This was soooo yummy! I had a hard time not nibbling on it after I made it. On a side note, I know that I definitely don't have enough veggies on my plate here. I wasn't hungry after I ate and didn't get hungry again until 9 pm so I think I did okay.



Meal 3: Salad of romaine and iceberg topped with Mom's Beef Chili, jalapeno, black olives and Creamy Avocado Dressing. It looks sketchy and gross, but it was really good. I totally forgot to get a pretty shot before I started eating. I was just too hungry!


Meal 4: Aidells chicken & apple sausage and steamed sweet potatoes with ghee, nutmeg and cinnamon. This was at 3am while I was trapped in the nursery. I didn't take a picture and the sweet potatoes were sorta gross. Some were soft and some were crunchy. I ate half and threw the other half out. I was still kind of hungry so I took 2 hard boiled eggs and mixed it with the left over Creamy Avocado Dressing. It was so good!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment