Friday, October 10, 2014

Whole30: Days 3-6

So I've been busy with work and totally forgetting to take pictures of all my meals. So I'll recap them and post the pictures of the meals that I did take pics for. 



Day 3
I didn't get to eat much this day. I worked Monday night and then slept until 3:30 pm on Tuesday afternoon. 

Meal 1: 2 Simply Balanced Spinach & Garlic chicken sausages and a steamed broccoli drizzled with olive oil. 

Meal 2: large salad with lemony dressing



Day 4
I ended up working this day during day shift. What can I say? I like to mix things up a little. 

Meal 1: Scrambled eggs with avocado and boiled new potatoes drizzled with olive oil. This was kind of on the run. I ate the eggs at home, but the potatoes in the car. 

Meal 2: Curried Chicken Salad, baby carrots and a red pepper with guacamole as a dip. 

Meal 3: Chipotle! I got a salad with double carnitas, fresh tomato salsa (pico de gallo) and guacamole. 




Day 5


Meal 1: Scrambled eggs with avocado and sauteed green beans drizzled with olive oil. 


Meal 2: Zoodles (zucchini julienned to make "spaghetti"), Rao's Arrabbbiata sauce and Mulay's Mild Italian Sausage. I was craving some comfort food on a rainy day and this hit the spot! I steamed my zoodles in a Lekue steamer in the microwave. I used my peeler this time to julienne them, but I think the mandoline works a little better. 

Meal 3: Curried Chicken Salad and salad with lemony dressing

Meal 4: 2 Aidells Chicken & Apple sausages and a peach. At this point in the night I didn't want to mess with my veggies. Plus I was full from the sausages and the peach. This was to tide me over until I got up on Friday.


Day 6

Meal 1: Pulled pork, steamed veggie mix with ghee 



Meal 2: Grilled grass-fed beef burger with lettuce "bun", tomatoes and guacamole & oven baked "fries". 


Overall I think there were some good days. Even with prep I realized that I should have bought more quick prepare food since I am on the go so much. I often don't have a lot of time to make food in the morning. Meals at work need to be easy too. I feel a little more prepared now. I think this week might be easier. I definitely loved having the chicken salad prepared and ready for me to throw in a container to take to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment