Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Whole30: Days 15 & 16

Day 15
Halfway there! I can't believe that the 30 days is half over. I have definitely had fun trying new things and like I said, will continue to eat Paleo/Whole30 as much as I can. I do want to incorporate some diary back in - really just mainly butter because it's easier to cook with then making ghee or clarified butter. It would definitely still be grass-fed though. Also the occasional latte from Starbucks would be nice. 


Meal 1: Ground pork with breakfast sausage seasoning (from this recipe here - minus the sage because I didn't have any), topped with 2 fried eggs and one plantain sliced, sauteed in clarified butter and sprinkled with cinnamon. 


Meal 2: Irish sausage from Kroeger & Sons at Findlay Market (ah-mazing place if you live in Cincinnati!) and left over Skillet Chicken Divan (the last of it - finally!).


Meal 3: Dinner at my uncle's house. It was unavoidable to stay on Whole30 for this meal without being rude. It would have been awkward to bring my own food. I know most Whole30-ers would say that I should have done that, but I did not want to be that person. So I ate roasted turkey, scalloped potatoes, corn casserole and broccoli-cauliflower salad. I might have also eaten some delicious deviled eggs and nuts as "appetizers". It is what it is. 



Day 16

Meal 1: Leftover sausage and plantains from yesterday.


Meal 2: Must not have been that awesome because I don't remember! My daughter was sick this day so I'm pretty sure that lunch was something whipped up quickly.




Meal 3: Grilled chicken wings with this sauce (minus the Worchestershire and clarified butter instead of regular butter), oven fries and homemade ranch dressing (recipe to come!).  



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment