Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Aunt Cindy's Beef BBQ

Oh yum. This was so delish. My aunt always made this one of the nights before Thanksgiving when we traveled to her house. It definitely brings back fond memories. It does take a little time, but I think it could be converted into a slow cooker meal. In fact, I think next time I make it I will try it in the slow cooker. We serve it on buns with some mac and cheese. My mom likes it with a dollop of coleslaw on top. What can I say? She's a yankee! 



Aunt Cindy's Beef BBQ

Ingredients
2 1/2 lb beef brisket
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup dark corn syrup
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire
2 TBS yellow mustard
2 tsp instant coffee granules
1 tsp salt 
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp Tabasco

Directions
Preheat the oven to 325.

Wrap the beef brisket in heavy foil, place in a 9x13 dish and bake for one hour. Remove the brisket from the oven and cut off the fat layer. 

Combine the other ingredients, heat to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.

Place the brisket back in the pan, top with sauce and cover pan with foil. Bake for another 2 hours. Shred meat with two forks. 

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to be included in this!!! This recipe is great for family and company. I can't wait until Morgan does the slow cooker version...sure to be delish.

    ReplyDelete