Thursday, October 14, 2010

Creamy Chive Chicken

OMG. This was so amazingly, awesomely, wonderful. I think it might be my new favorite. Initially, when I looked at the ingredients I thought it would be too reminiscent of Chicken Stroganoff. Boy was I wrong! Personally, I think it tastes sophisticated without a lot of work. I will apologize for the picture. I didn't realize until I was more than halfway though my meal that I hadn't taken one. Hence, the reason it looks kind of weird. I promise you that you won't regret making this!!


Creamy Chive Chicken
adapted from Easy Meals for Moms

Ingredients
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 TBS butter
1 package dry Italian dressing mix 
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 can golden mushroom soup
1/2 an 8 oz tub of cream cheese with chives
1/2 an 8 oz bar of plain cream cheese
White rice

Directions
Cut the chicken into cubes and place in crockpot with 2 TBS butter. Sprinkle with Italian dressing mix. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Add cream cheese, wine and soup. Cook on high for another 30 minutes to an hour, or until cream cheese is thoroughly melted and heated through. While waiting for this to be ready, cook the rice according to the package. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment