Friday, October 8, 2010

Pan-Grilled Snapper with Orzo Pasta Salad

This was new for me all the way around. I'd never had snapper or orzo. Amazing, right? I've tried a lot of things and I'm not sure why I'd never had either of these. I must say that I now love orzo! It's such a cute little pasta. For those who've never had it, it's basically a rice shaped pasta. The snapper was delicious too. Very light fish, firm textured. I can't comment on hubby's approval rating as we didn't actually eat this for dinner. I had thawed the fish and then I was too tired to make dinner after a big test. I made it the next day for lunch instead! The pasta definitely needs a little tweeking and it would be great maybe with a little feta in it!


Pan Grilled Snapper with Orzo Pasta Salad
adapted from My Recipes

Ingredients
1 1/2  cups uncooked orzo
2-4  (6-ounce) red snapper fillets
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 TBS minced shallots
1 TBS chopped fresh parsley
4 TBS fresh lemon juice
1 TBS orange juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 1/2 TBS extra virgin olive oil

Directions
Cook pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.

Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle fish evenly with salt and pepper. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Pour 1 TBS lemon juice over the fish.

Combine salt, pepper, shallots, parsley, remaining lemon juice, orange juice, and mustard in a small bowl, stirring well. Slowly add olive oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Drizzle the shallot mixture over pasta; toss well to coat.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment