Wednesday, July 14, 2010

How to... Make Iced Coffee

So if you are anything like me you are addicted to Starbucks or Dunkin's coffee. The problem is that my wallet is not addicted like I am. One of my friends gave me the best solution - make your own iced coffee! As for my cup, I bought it at Starbucks. It's one of their double-walled cold cups that is made to look like one of their regular cups. It wasn't cheap, but I love it!


Iced Coffee

Ingredients
Coffee - I like to buy the little bags of flavored coffee, but regular would work too!
Milk
Sugar, Splenda, Sweet & Low, etc.
Syrups - you could do a flavor syrup as opposed to flavored coffee

Directions
Brew a pot of coffee. Let it cool a little and put it into a tupperware pitcher. Place in the fridge for several hours or until cold.

Add ice to your cup. Add your preferred amount of milk. I fill mine about 3/4 of the way full of skim milk.

Add your sweetener (optional). Also just an FYI - sugar will not breakdown in a cold drink so you might be better off either adding it to the hot coffee before putting it in the fridge or choosing another sweetener.

Pour in your prepared coffee and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment