Monday, August 23, 2010

How To... Make Homemade Whipped Cream

This is soooo easy and much tastier than the whipped cream in a can! I use my KitchenAid stand mixer to make this, but you could also use a hand mixer. If you can do this with just a whisk then I am thoroughly impressed and you are my new hero! I just don't have the patience nor the strength to hand whip it.


Homemade Whipped Cream

Ingredients
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tsp powdered sugar

Directions
Before you begin, place your mixing bowl and beater(s) in the freezer for about 15-30 minutes. 

Once the beater(s) and bowl are sufficiently chilled, pour your cream into the bowl. I turn my KitchenAid to 6 or 8 and let her go. Once the cream starts to thicken, add the sugar. Keep watching for stiff peaks to form. Stop once you see these! Don't overbeat it or you will have butter instead.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment