Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Turkey Chili

I am embarrassed to actually be putting this on here. This is the sort of chili recipe where you are short for time, but need something delicious and easy. Who would have thought that a good chili recipe came from the back of a spice package? Um not me. My sister-in-law was the one that introduced me to this and I have to say it's quite good. Garnishes are a free-for-all, but I like to put Fritos on the bottom and top with chili, cheese (sharp cheddar, please!) and a little sour cream. Now, I put this in the crock pot the last time I made it and it was a little runnier then just sticking it on the stove so just an FYI.


Turkey Chili
adapted from McCormick's

Ingredients
2 lbs lean ground turkey
2 packages McCormick 30% Less Sodium Chili Seasoning Mix
2 - 8oz cans tomato sauce 
1 - 14.5oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
2 - 15oz cans kidney beans, undrained

Directions
Brown the turkey meat and drain off any fat. There shouldn't be much if you are using lean turkey meat. Dump in the remaining ingredients. Simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered.

Top with your favorite garnishes. See I told you it was easy! Now you have time to make the Sweet Cornbread that I like to serve with this.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment