Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Spicy Orange Shrimp

This was very good, but SPICY! I know, I know the title says "Spicy," but I was thinking this would be more of a combination of spicy and sweet. It will definitely clear your sinuses if you are having issues. I'm pretty tolerant of spicy stuff, but this was a little too much! I will definitely make this again, but only use half of the chili paste.


Spicy Orange Shrimp
adapted from Myrecipes.com

Ingredients 
1 lb peeled and deveined large shrimp
1 TBS cornstarch
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
2  TBS low-sodium soy sauce
2 TBS honey
1 TBS rice wine vinegar
1 TBS chile paste with garlic (such as sambal oelek)
2 TBS canola oil
1 TBS minced peeled fresh ginger (I just use prepared chopped ginger)
3 garlic cloves, minced

Directions
Place shrimp in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with cornstarch; toss well to coat. Set aside.

Combine juice, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, and chile paste, stirring with a whisk; set aside.

Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced ginger and garlic to pan; stir-fry for 15 seconds or until fragrant. Add shrimp and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until slightly pink. Add juice mixture; cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens and shrimp are done, stirring frequently. Serve over rice.

Enjoy!

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this spicy orange Shrimp Stir Fry. I have a plan to cook this recipe because I know it gives a lot of vitamins it our body. So keep on sharing healthy recipes.

    ReplyDelete